Saturday, December 18, 2010

Kool Copy Kat

Recently, I had the opportunity to sell some of my knitted items as part of a Christmas historic home tour. The day was delightful as I set up with some friends to sell our wares. One customer came as we were cleaning up to buy a scarf that she had seen earlier. She said it stayed on her mind and she just had to come back to buy it. Needless to say it looked stunning on her. Later that night I got an e-mail from her asking me to fix the fringe, and about some other scarves. As many of you who know me know that it is not that I try to be hard to get up with but apparently I am packing as many opportunities into my schedule as possible. This customer was able to track me down at the office when I had, imagine this, lost my voice. Penny, my ever incredible and wonderful secretary, was able to call her back for me and was my voice as I whispered answers to her. By the end of the call I had agreed to deliver scarves at 5:30 that evening to this customers home. Mind you she had won the hearts of those at the office and had deemed me a "trip" and I her.

At 5:30 I arrived with the scarves she had requested and she said she wanted to shop, did I not bring my other scarves with me? Of course I had just in case. I unloaded everything and she chose three or four more and told me what she was looking for. Then said she liked the scarf on my neck and she was going to buy it. I explained the one I was wearing was made for me by a friend several years ago and I could not part with it. She mentioned it again and I promised to knit one for her just like it, but could not give that one up.
I e-mailed her the next day that I had delivered her green scarf, but there was no answer. She kindly e-mailed me back and told me the story (you know I love stories about my crafts) about wearing one of the other scarves she had bought from me and ordered several more including a Burgundy one like the one I was wearing when I visited her the night before.
A quick trip to one of my yarn suppliers Friday night, allowed me to knit the one you see in the picture. The great thing about this scarf, besides the wine color, is that it is really long. You can drape it over your shoulder or wrap it a couple of times around your neck and stay warm and fashionable. I hope my newest customer, and absolutely wonderfully fun lady, enjoys her new scarf when I get it delivered, very very soon.

No comments: