Sunday, December 12, 2010

Colorful Holidays


As many of you know by now, I can't sit still. There is no such thing as just sitting and relaxing I have to do something while watching T.V. or I would get bored and go to sleep. So if I am not in front of my computer I am keeping my hands busy crafting and doing other such fun things. With Christmas in the air this is the perfect time for my busy crafty hands. Lately with school I have opted for shorter projects. For example these fun dish clothes. I found some Christmas green 100% cotton yarn and could not think of a better time to unveil them then at a Christmas opportunity.
Our local Robeson County Historical Museum held their annual Tour of Homes. The starting or ending point was at the museum. There several local crafters were set up to sell items. I along with four friends who do some amazing craft work set up to sell our wares. All of us were thrilled because we each sold at least one item. However, I will brag a little. The knitted items sold quite well, especially the dish clothes, which are priced at a dollar a piece. Scarves were a big hit as well and I am ready and raring to get back into the fun of all my knitted items and see if I can generate some more stock. I just want to say thank you to all for their support in buying the items and making it a grand day!
For more information on my fellow crafters please e-mail me. Jessica makes the most incredible jewelry, Margaret makes baby slings and aromatic natural soothie sacks that you warm in the microwave and place on tired muscles for relaxation, and Tanya is our crafty crafter who made holiday photo frames, key chains and candles. All of the items would make great gifts for that hard to shop for person.

No comments: