Sunday, January 18, 2009

Stylishly Warm


This one is just too cute. So cute, comfy, and warm I might knit one for myself. This purple and black hat is made from the same batch of scarf that my friend Jane gave me. I found the pattern for the hat at the same place I found the pattern for the biker scarf, as a matter of fact they were on the same page. To create it is simple just a stocking stitch for 11 inches and then decrease the stitches by knitting together every other row. The bottom will turn up about 5 inches or as much as you would need it to to cover ears, different size heads, and adjust s it fits any head you put it on.

I have a tradition that if someone requests or really likes what I am knitting when I am knitting it I give it to the person. So this hat is going to a teacher that I had the privilege of working with this weekend. She lives in the western part of the state and said she has the socks to match the hat. How could a knitter resist giving this first time hat to someone not only willing to wear it but with matching accessories.

No comments: