Sunday, April 10, 2011

Can You See Them?

If you can see the pink camo items above you might notice I am in baby knitting mode. My friend who I mentioned in my previous post with the baby blanket was also the recipient of these items as well. She told me a story a few months ago about her father and husband coming home with a present for the baby. It was an outfit in, yes, you guessed it, pink camo. This is rather befitting of this family and seems only right to pass the tradition on to the baby when she is born. As a matter of fact this outfit has been deemed the one that the baby will be brought home in. My only hope is that they don't lose her, being dressed in camo and all.
It took a couple of months but I finally found the Red Heart, pink camo yarn. As cute as it is when it comes out of the skein I must admit I was a little disappointed knitting with it. The cap was knitted in the round and took me just a few hours to finish. The booties were knitted in less than four hours with a pattern I found on the Internet which required a small amount of sewing. When they unwrapped the items they knew it was pink camo and even tried to find the baby's feet in the stomach to see if they would fit. Of course the dad to be tried to put the cap on. Might have to see if I have enough yarn left to make a cap for dad. Just a thought.

No comments: