Friday, December 18, 2009

Crafty Building Blocks

In case you haven't noticed I like the idea of being crafty. That is sort of like, I like the idea of playing golf. I attempt it and every once in a blue moon I have a straight shot or sink an amazing putt but all in all, it is more that I like the idea of doing it and am not that good at doing it. My crafting is the same way. Sometimes what I am making looks like I want it to, and other times it falls short.

Although I love the idea of turning glass blocks into works of art, I must
admit I am not sure that I am that good at it. Once again that isn't going to stop me. After attempting 16 4-H clovers for work (we used the blocks with battery tea lights in them for decorations for our annual Volunteer Banquet) I decided to branch out. I have two people that I work with that I always want to create unique and wonderful gifts for because they are truly to unique and wonderful people. So for them I set out to create something different. One likes and collects Santas (she actually has more than 100 different Santa Clauses and they are really cool), the other has a thing for Dale Earnhardt Jr. So I painted the blocks with a stained glass paint one in a star shaped Santa and the other with the car number of Dale Earnhardt, Jr. (88).

I stuffed the blocks with 100 clear white Christmas lights and they will shine just like a tree, especially at night. Although they don't look exactly like I had hoped...I hope it will bring some joy when they look at them unique and shining...just like them.

No comments: