Sunday, December 11, 2011

Swimingly Hot!

Yes, this is my traditional dishcloth. However this one seems a little hot today. I bought this yarn over Thanksgiving thinking it was an interesting color and might make a great looking dishcloth. Today on my way out of the house I grabbed it to knit with while I was set up at a craft show (for those of you who know me you know I can not sit still and have to fiddle with something). I set up and sat down to wait for customers with the yarn and needles in my hands. When I looked down the color name was swimming pool blue. Seemed rather appropriate and while selling my various designs I knitted a dishcloth, which got a lot of attention while I was doing it. When it was done I added it to the ever shrinking stack of dish cloths that I was selling. Sure enough within 10 minutes someone walked in and commented on what a beautiful color yarn it was and asked what I was knitting. I said, Oh, just a dish cloth, I just finished one with this yarn that is over there (pointing) if you would like to see what the finished product looks like. Next thing I know money exchanged hands and the dishcloth was out the door.

No comments: