Monday, January 23, 2012

4 Yards of Scarves

My first project of the new year and it is an order from last year. I know I have told you about the elusive and wonderfully charismatic Mrs. Nell. She is a wonderful lady who knows exactly what she wants and what she wanted in December were two more of my fun fur scarves. Actually all in told she wanted three and left with one that day.



As I have mentioned before I have set up at the Robeson County Historical Museums home tour each year for the last two years. This is where I met Mrs. Nell. She took a fancy to my fun fur scarves and ordered several last year. This year she walked in and picked up a white one and went on the tour marketing my hand knitted scarves to everyone she saw. She asked me if I could also knit her a cobalt blue as well as a champagne colored scarf. Apparently she gave her champagne colored scarf to a friend last year but really wanted another one. I of course agreed and set out on finding the yarn. The champagne yarn I knew existed, it was just a case of finding it and I finally (after going to three stores) did. The cobalt blue however was a little more difficult. I found many blues but not cobalt. The two closest ones were a sapphire blue and a sapphire blue with variegated black which would create a dark blue scarf, a little closer to cobalt. However I know for a fact Mrs. Nell likes solid colors not variegated yarns or even the polka dotted fun furs so I went with the sapphire blue. The scarves are both between five and six feet long and furry as all get out. They are great doubled up and much warmer than you might think because they are actually very thin. I hope Mrs. Nell likes them and will continue to increase my fun fur scarf offerings for the show this year.

No comments: