Monday, March 21, 2011

A Little Angel

I just showed you the train quilt block that I finished for my play room, where my trains will be.  As I uncovered that, I also uncovered this little gem.  It works on the same principle, a laser cut foam block with a pattern.  This one is in the form of an angel.  I am not an angel collector but I have someone that I work with that is.  She actually collects Santa's and Angels so this one will be for her. 
This block is smaller than the train and has many more pattern shapes to cut out and fit into place.  Working for the outside in, this one offered some challenges with curves and unusual cutout shapes.  However when it is done, it is a glowing site to see.  My co-worker hopefully won't see it until Christmas, when I give it to her as a gift (does this mean I am ahead on my Christmas Shopping?).

No comments: